Filmonomics Plus aims to take 8-10 UK film producers who have 1-4 feature producing credits (docs or fiction) who seek a booster programme that builds on other relevant and/or recent training and on-the-ground experience to increase the scope of their business in this challenging marketplace.
The focus of this new programme will be on individual needs, assessed with the candidate, offering a blend of bespoke coaching, mentoring (from people within film or in other creative industries dependent on the needs of the candidate) plus tailored financial and business planning and leadership guidance across a short window of 4 months October 2016-February 2017.
This is the first year of the programme which was designed to fill an essential gap in the market and is run by Mia Bays, Oscar winning twice BAFTA nominated producer and creative producer 2007-14 of Film London’s Microwave scheme (LILTING, ILL MANORS, SHIFTY) with business and financial planning from Mike Kelly, film finance and business affairs expert, and Averil Leimon, professional coach and CEO of Whitewater Group as our coaching partner.
- Icebreaker session 4-6pm October 26th followed by Birds Eye View screening and event (along with our other cohort of Future Leaders in Distribution) at the BFI Southbank in London 6-9pm
- One Day Workshop London November 7 2016 1-6pm (Action Learning Group session entitled I WILL SURVIVE)
- Followed by 2 key note talks 10-1pm plus lunch November 8th 2016 – from a cutting edge industry leader especially in the film tech space and a creative industry leader
- 1 Day Workshop in a regional location eg Home, Manchester, Fri Jan 13th 2017 (Action Learning Group session THE MAKING OF ME)
- 2 coaching sessions and 4 mentoring sessions face to face between Nov 2016 and Feb 1 2017
- 2 business planning sessions each, w/c Nov 28th 2016 and w/c 16 Jan 2017 — 2 hours total
- 1 hour update with course director in person or by Skype
At least 30 hours total per person
You will need to be available for the initial Icebreaker event on October 26 4-6pm followed by a BFI Southbank London SE1 Birds Eye View screening event October 26 6-9pm. The first sessions are Monday 7th November 1-6pm and 10-2pm Tuesday November 8th in London for the first workshops. If you cannot be available then, we cannot offer you a place. The subsequent sessions will occur around your schedule (mentoring, coaching, business planning one-to-ones until end of January 2017. The final group session will be February 7th 2017, the final workshop date and then farewell drinks 2-8pm. All other dates to be confirmed once course commences.
Creative Skillset’s diversity targets for the schemes it supports are to achieve minimum participation rates of:
- 70% female participants
- 40% Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic participants
- 10% those who consider themselves disabled
- 35% from outside of Greater London, resident in the UK Nations and Regions.
APPLY FOR FILMONOMICS PLUS
Applications for Filmonomics Plus will open on Wednesday 24th August 2016.
The deadline date for applications is Monday 12th September 2016 1800 GMT.
We will notify longlisted participants on Monday 19th September 2016 and set up 20 minute Skype calls to happen w/c 26th September 2016. We will notify successful applicants and announce shortlist on 28th September 2016.
Enquiries should be emailed to course manager Simone Glover: firstname.lastname@example.org
This scheme is supported by Creative Skillset’s Film Skills Fund, with the BFI’s Film Forever National Lottery Funds.