JOIN THE NEST
The Nest is Birds Eye View’s membership network, designed to keep film-lovers and supporters of cultural equality in touch with the work of women filmmakers throughout the year. Nest members enjoy an ongoing programme of exclusive offers and access to screenings and events. Please see past events to give you an idea of the treats in store. In addition, we’ve sourced some special member discounts and benefits.
Above all, Nest members can enjoy the warm glow that comes with knowing you are part of a supportive structure, from which talented birds take flight…
Recent offers have included:
- 2for1 tickets for selected BEV2013 events at BFI Southbank and 15% off all BEV2013 screenings at the Barbican
- FREE tickets for screenings and panel discussions showcasing acclaimed documentaries such as Lucy Walker’s The Crash Reel at BFI Southbank; Sarah Gavron’s Village At The End Of The World at the ICA; and Emma Davie and Morag McKinnon’s I Am Breathing at the Bloomsbury Theatre
- 2for1 tickets to see Byzantium plus a Q&A with screenwriter and BEV favourite Moira Buffini at the Tricycle Theatre.
- FREE tickets for exclusive Soho House previews of award-winning features such as Lynn Shelton’s Your Sister’s Sister, Sarah Polley’s Take ThisWaltz and Sally El Hosaini’s My Brother The Devil + director Q&A
- An exclusive discount for the BFI’s June 2013 season From Tehran With Love, celebrating the work of Iranian filmmaker Mania Akbari
- FREE tickets to a special Q&A BAFTA Fellow and Guest Director of the May 2012 Brighton Festival, Vanessa Redgrave
Further benefits include:
- Special rates for selected screenings at cinemas across London. Current venues include The Lexi in Kensal Rise and Shortwave Cinema at London Bridge
- 20% off Oh Comely magazine, bringing you six months of finger-on-the-pulse exploration of arts, craft, innovation and more for a tiny £6
- 33% off Shooting People membership
Joining couldn’t be easier– just click ‘Sign Up’ below. You’ll be asked to fill in a form and then taken to a payment page, managed through secure PayPal links. You can either make a one-off payment of £35 or a regular payment of £3 per month; both are valid for one year. You’ll then be sent a welcome email detailing how to claim your benefits (please note that membership will not be completed until your payment has been processed). If you want to purchase gift membership, just select that option in the form and fill in the details of your gift recipient. We will then make contact on your behalf to let them know about their gift: what better surprise could there be?