Mia Bays Presents: Selling, Marketing & Distributing Film: The Process, Demystified at the London Film School
Duration: 2 days
Times: Approx. 9.30am – 5.30pm (plus networking drinks on Friday evening)
Capacity: Max. 25-30 participants
Fee: £300 10% Early Bird discount available until 1st May
£25 discount! Quote BirdsEyeView at checkout
Do you know how your project fits into the marketplace, and what practical things you can do to ensure a greater chance of success? Do you want to make films, but have no idea of how to get them to be seen by an audience?
Do you know exactly how the international and domestic marketplaces work? Do you know exactly what a sales agent and distributor does and why?
Have you been involved in making a film and found that part easy but been completely mystified by the sales, distribution and marketing process?
Do you worry about how the business models are changing but not know how to keep up?
In this intensive 2-day workshop, Oscar winning producer and marketeer Mia Bays presents an A-Z guide to the current sales marketing and distribution landscape, with advice and contacts from over 20 years in the film industry.
The workshop features:
- Industry guests, including leading independent distributors, sales agents, marketeers, digital specialists, producers and cinema bookers. They’ll be discussing strategy, implementation and results across UK and International.
- Case studies of recent and forthcoming UK cinema releases.
- Extensive access to the facts, figures and tricks of the trade from an insider’s point of view.
- Networking drinks at LFS.
Ideal for producers, writers, directors and other film professionals at all levels from entry level to veterans – top up your knowledge!
Mia’s guests have most recently included:
- KATE BRADFORD – Founder, Showfilmfirst
- ANDREW WOODYATT – Film Distribution Consultant
- KATE GEROVA – Marketing and Distribution expert, Birds Eye View/Curzon
- ANNA MORLEY – Distribution Manager, Pulse Films
- JASON WOOD – Director of Programming, Curzon Cinemas
- JOSH APPIGNANESI – Writer / Director
- PETE BUCKINGHAM – Industry analyst & audiences expert